Thursday, November 3, 2011

Focus on the Postives

Worry Wart...that's what people call me. I freak out over everything. I can't help it...it's just how I am. I don't even have anything major to stress out about, but the smallest of issues can make me crazy.
If anyone saw the episode of Modern Family last night, you might compare me to Haley Dunphy. She wast trying to write a college essay about an obstacle that she overcame, yet she couldn't think of any. So, naturally her mom creates an obstacle for her by dropping her off in the middle of nowhere, leaving her to find her way back home by herself. Gotta love Claire's parenting techniques :)


I realized that I haven't really had any major obstacles to overcome either. So, why do I worry so much about stupid little problems that don't have any effect on my future or my life? I need to stop stressing about insignificant things and focus on the positives!
 
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. 

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."  ~Leo Buscaglia

1 comment: