Tuesday, November 29, 2011

San Francisco

Recently, I was lucky enough to be able to attend a conference in San Francisco. My friend and co-worker, Susan, and I, flew in the morning of the conference. Forgetting about the ridiculously steep hills that characterize SF, we decided to walk the few blocks to the hotel instead of taking a cable car. Bad idea - it took us forever to climb the hills in our heels, dragging our suitcases behind with the sun beating down on us. But we had quite the laugh! After a quick lunch at the hotel - I will never forget how good that grilled cheese tasted - we made it to the conference just a tiny bit late!

The couple days that followed were awesome. I learned a lot of new things that are applicable to higher education marketing and the office that we work in. (I won't bore you with the details.) On top of the learning experience, I was able to meet new people, spend a few nights in a very luxurious hotel, and explore Nob Hill.

After the conference on Friday, Susan and I took a crazy roller-coaster-of- a-cab-ride  to our other hotel. We spent the second part of the trip in Fisherman's Wharf (thanks to her Dad, who got us two free room nights!) We visited the famous Boudin Sourdough factory, had some delicious hot chocolate at Ghiradelli Square, toured Alcatraz, ate at a couple of seafood restaurants, had a night out on the town, and I even got to see my uncle Todd :)

If you ever make it to San Fran, I recommend eating at Alioto's in Fisherman's Wharf. Oh, and a salted caramel hot chocolate from Ghiradelli is a must!

 



Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time with you Emily. Such a beautiful city. And I would love another one of those hot chocolates!

    ReplyDelete