Sunday, November 13, 2011

Recipes!


This weekend I made two meals that I found while browsing Pinterest. I am not much of a cook...I find cooking very tedious and time consuming. However, Pinterest has given me a lot of ideas, and I need to learn to cook eventually, so I started building a collection of recipes to try. 

Brad stayed at my parent's house with me this weekend while my parent's are in Africa (yes, Africa!) It was the perfect time to experiment with my new recipe collection. Cooking for someone else always makes it more enjoyable.


Clearly, I'm not a very talented food photographer, but I started with this... 


And ended up with this... 


I was pretty proud of myself :)

You can find the recipe here. Don't let my bland, non-garnished photo fool you... it tasted amazing. I ended up mixing a little bit of jarred tomato sauce in with mine because the garlic really overpowered the tomatoes. I suspect this would be a better recipe to make in the summer, when tomatoes are more flavorful. Also, I would recommend using only one garlic bulb (I used two.)


When I saw the title of these pancakes, I immediately knew I had to make these for Brad, even though he doesn't like pancakes very much. Just as I suspected... he liked them! I used Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and the flavor was delicious. Not only did these pancakes taste amazing, but they smelled like a fresh loaf of beer batter bread straight out of the oven.  To.  Die.  For. 

P.S. I'm proud to say that this was my first time making pancakes from scratch instead of from a box :) Success! I highly recommend trying these! Click here for the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment