Friday, November 11, 2011

Southern Charm

Those of you who know me well know that I love the south. Why? Hospitality. Charm. Scenery. Weather. Southern Accents. Whether it's a beach town on the east coast, or New Orleans during Mardi Gras, I love it all. Although I will probably never acquire a southern accent or learn to like clams, I hope to call myself a southerner someday....particularly a resident of North Carolina. Although it's a very random hobby, I love traveling to the south, reading about the south, and looking at photography from the south. So, I wanted to share some of my pictures with you. Maybe you can relate - or maybe this will inspire you to travel south someday!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Before I went to NC, I was already in love with the lowcountry, (I read a lot of beach books :) and when I got there it far exceeded my expectations. Yes, it was a humid 90 degrees every day, and yes it stormed every day, and yes we found a cockroach in our condo...but I loved every minute of it. It was just like the books...beautiful, charming, laid-back and peaceful. It's full of charming towns, welcoming people, and gorgeous beaches. This is Atlantic Beach, NC...







Although Myrtle Beach was a little commercial, it was a lot of fun. I have to admit that my favorite part was sitting on the balcony every morning with a cup of coffee, a book, and a beautiful sunrise! We also made it to Charleston, which is an awesome town because, as one of the oldest cities in the nation, it is full of fascinating history. 



New Orleans is a city with it's own unique style and culture. Of course we Mardi Gras, but it was also amazing to see the reconstruction and the friendliness of the city despite the disaster. The architecture in the city is amazing, the creole food is delicious, and New Orleans history is something I never want to stop learning about.

Try to look past the giant party going on and observe the distinct New Orleans architecture...


 Ok, this one might work better :)



Hope you enjoyed my blabbering about my weird obsession with the south :) Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment